Tuesday, March 13, 2012

#Lavender #ice-cream in #southern #France

Every summer when I return to France, I start my adventure- to find the perfect scoop of lavender ice-cream.
I enjoy exploring new villages and their offerings and revisiting my favourite villages with their ice-cream selection.
In my search for the perfect scoop, I am looking for ice-cream that has a creamy consistency, not too much lavender but enough to remind you that you are in Provence. My "hunt" for the perfect scoop has taken me all over southern France.
I have found a good gelato in Lourmarin. It was light and delicate with just a suggestion of lavender. So refreshing.
After a really hot day in July, the lavender ice-cream in Cucuron was very satisfying. It was thick and creamy with a subtle hint of lavender.
I have had amazing scoops in Nimes and Arles while walking around the centre ville.
But my favourite lavender ice-cream is found in Uzes at the Fondons Ensemble. I visit this village every summer. My family poses for the "family eating lavender ice-cream" picture everytime!
I am looking forward to revisiting my favourite ice-cream shops and discovering new ones this summer.
Bon appétit!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share with us...